Careers at Precis Commissioning
Precis Commissioning, Inc. is a dynamic, fast-growing firm specializing in all levels of building and system commissioning up to and including fully leveraged documents for qualification and validation purposes. We offer flexible schedules and pride ourselves on work-life balance while providing truly bespoke levels of service to our customers in an entrepreneurial and supporting organization. Our key markets include higher education, life sciences research, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturing.
The CQV Lead Position will report to the president of the company and will be a leader in the truest sense of the word. You will work directly with customers and business partners to provide custom commissioning, qualification, and validation solutions for complicated projects. You will have project oversight and customer relationship responsibility as well as responsibility for managing staff, budget, and deliverables. You will be called upon to mentor and direct junior staff as well be a role model for their growth and success.
This is a salaried position with a year-end bonus based upon corporate and personal success. Benefits include vacation, sick, 8 holidays, 401K with fully vested annual gift, medical and dental insurance, LTD/STD and a flexible work schedule.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Engineering field or Construction Management.
- PE a plus, EIT Considered.
- 8+ years’ experience in Commissioning, Qualification, and Validation.
- 4+ years’ experience in project management.
- Experience in diagnosing and solving construction and operational problems.
- Experience managing energy services and CQV projects and project resources to a pre-determined scope, fee, and schedule.
- Experience working with client’s quality group and client’s quality standards.
- Knowledge of building codes and construction industry standards, such as ASHRAE and IGCC.
- Familiarity with building mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, and controls systems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to project teams in the delivery of systems commissioning, qualification, and validation, and consulting on complex projects for local and national clients.
- Apply the CQV process on multiple projects from end to end.
- Generate and execute protocols, resolve deviations/discrepancies, reviews and analyzes study data, writes and approves summary reports.
- Responsibility for generating, reviewing and revising a variety of installation, operation and performance qualification/verification related documents, including the following: SOPs, validation/verification master plans, guidelines and execution plans, automation, engineering design, commissioning, qualification or other technical documents, user requirement specifications (URS), basis of design documents (BOD), functional requirement specifications (FRS), detailed design specifications (DDS), factory acceptance test documents (FAT), verification protocols, and/or commissioning test procedures (CTP).
- Work with equipment vendors and participate in system/equipment startup, shakedown, and on & off-site activities.
- Perform commissioning-based design reviews, construction observations, review contract documents for a wide variety of MEP, Life Safety, and controls systems.
- Execute retro-commissioning engineering/energy studies.
- Candidate will be responsible to lead: validation and verification studies (FAT, SAT, IOQ, PQ) for cleaning, shipping, equipment, systems, utilities, and processes and ensure compliance with the relevant regulatory (local, state, and federal) agencies.
- Manage small to large projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget, and schedule.
- Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors, and other project team members.
- Maintain effective communication with senior Precis Commissioning, Inc. management.
- Travel may be required for project work, training, and inter-office business.
- Manage Projects with little or no oversight.
- Business Acumen & Financial Management
- Business Development & Client Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Team Leadership
Precis Commissioning, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Please send resumes to [email protected]