Careers at Precis Commissioning
Precis Commissioning, Inc. is a dynamic, fast-growing firm specializing in all levels of building and system commissioning up to and including fully leveraged documents for qualification and validation purposes. We offer flexible schedules and pride ourselves on work-life balance while providing truly bespoke levels of service to our customers in an entrepreneurial and supporting organization. Our key markets include higher education, life sciences research, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturing.
The Commissioning Lead Position will report to the president of the company and will be a leader in the truest sense of the word. You will work directly with customers and business partners to provide custom commissioning solutions for complicated projects. You will have project oversight and customer relationship responsibility as well as responsibility for managing staff, budget, and deliverables. You will be called upon to mentor and direct junior staff as well be a role model for their growth and success.
This is a salaried position with a year-end bonus based upon corporate and personal success. Benefits include vacation, sick, 8 holidays, 401K with fully vested annual gift, medical and dental insurance, LTD/STD and a flexible work schedule.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Engineering field or Construction Management.
- Commissioning Certification (CxA, CCP, BCxp), PE a plus, EIT Considered, LEED Accredited Professional a plus, CEM a plus.
- 8+ years’ experience in Building Commissioning.
- 4+ years’ experience comprised of building MEP systems design and/or energy studies
- 4+ years’ experience in project management.
- Experience in diagnosing and solving construction and operational problems.
- Experience managing energy services and commissioning projects and project resources to a pre-determined scope, fee, and schedule.
- Knowledge of building codes and construction industry standards, such as ASHRAE and IGCC.
- Familiarity with building mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, and controls systems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of CxAlloy is a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to project teams in the delivery of building systems commissioning, energy, and consulting on complex projects for local and national clients.
- Apply the commissioning process on multiple projects from end to end.
- Generate and execute installation/static checks and functional test plans.
- Perform commissioning-based design reviews, construction observations, review contract documents for a wide variety of MEP, Life Safety, and controls systems.
- Execute retro-commissioning engineering/energy studies.
- Manage small to large projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget, and schedule.
- Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors, and other project team members.
- Maintain effective communication with senior Precis Commissioning, Inc. management.
- Travel may be required for project work, training, and inter-office business.
- Manage Projects with little or no oversight.
- Business Acumen & Financial Management
- Business Development & Client Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Team Leadership
Precis Commissioning, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Please send resumes to [email protected]